Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Week 20 update

Hi everyone! It is the beginning of a new pregnancy week for me again! This time it is week 20!! woo hoo I'm halfway there I can't believe it! I am feeling the little one a lot more these days, she's getting a little bit stronger every day! She lets me know when she's bored (usually when I'm at work, I know how she feels), and even when she's hungry! Well I'm not sure about that but I think she can hear my stomach growling and knows it's time for me to eat! I did have a little scare this Monday night which of course turned out to be nothing but I guess you can't be too careful when you're pregnant. Ryan went out of town this week so I was home by myself and started feeling this horrible pain in my right abdomen and right lower back. I tried to ignore it for a while but when it took me like 5 minutes to get into bed, I really thought something was wrong. I was really worried it was appendicitis. So I call and wake up my poor parents at almost midnight! They were nice enough to come get me and take me to the emergency room. I was worried because I thought I was going to have to wait for 3 hours but apparently if you mention the word "pregnant" they rush you right up there! nice! So I was there for about 2 hours but they could find nothing wrong. They are thinking it may have been a really bad pulled muscle or ligament or my ovary giving me trouble again. Well I have been fine since so hopefully that doesn't happen again! No more trips to the hospital before this kid is ready!

We are hopefully going to start the baby's room this weekend, tearing out the carpet and picking out a paint color. Last weekend I channeled my creative spirit and actually painted a wall hanging for her room. It's actually pretty cute if I do say so myself ! :-) I will take a picture of it and post it here. Here is your weekly baby pic and fun facts!
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

4 comments:

  1. 20 weeks, hard to believe! Well, at least now we know where we'll be waiting once you do actually go into labor! I can't wait to see baby ... Elizabeth kicking you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, congrats your half way there! I am glad to hear that everything was ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Stranger! OMG! I still cant put my mind around it, you have a 20 week old baby human in your belly.... crazy! I'm so happy everything is going good, I am so proud of you... your already a great mama! I love the(middle) name Elizabeth it's perfect for her! If you ever want to hang out or need any help with anything let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well am I glad to hear everything is okay... did they look at the baby? WE will be praying that everything goes really smoothly the rest of the prego! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete