Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sicky


This week, we have been trying to avoid the dreaded H1N1 flu...dun dun duuun!! I was afraid that we all had it when Ryan and I came down with headaches and sore throats but now we are just congested like crazy. Somehow, little Leah has been able to avoid everything! She just is a tiny bit stuffed up. Everyone keeps telling me it's the "magical" breastmilk. I guess that stuff is pretty magical! I would like to take a minute right here and just talk about how great breastfeeding is. If you get uncomfortable thinking about breasts and milk coming from them...well turn away. My friends are probably so sick of me talking about it but it's a big part of my life now! It's so nice to have the support of your family in something like this. I have learned so much about breastfeeding since I started and I am convinced that it is the greatest thing God ever invented...right after my baby of course :-) I guess you could call me a "lactivist" now, that's what my sister-in-law Molly calls herself too. Before I had Leah, I just kind of thought of breastfeeding as something you did because it's the best thing you can do for your baby and I had never questioned that. I just sort of thought of it as my job. But then, I couldn't imagine the benefits it has for me too. It is so relaxing and wonderful to come home from work and have that special bonding time with my baby. I am the only one that can provide her with that comfort any time she needs it. aaaah the beauty of BREASTS. haha I had to emphasize that word to make you all uncomfortable. Thank you god for blessing me with these wonderful BREASTS...you could have made them slightly smaller though...amen

3 comments:

  1. What a great post! I love the ending! You are so funny and welcome to the "lactivist" club! ha ha! Well it is SO great to breast feed and I am always telling women that. Everyone has to make their choice, but once you get used to it you end up really enjoying it! Glad you are still nursing! God made our boobies just for our little babies! Amazing, huh!? Little Leah is the sweetest thing ever! I got to be with her today a little before her morning nap at my sister's! LOVE HER! She was being really GOOD today! Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You're hilarious, Melissa! Breastfeeding is so awesome! It feels good to provide for your baby in that way, doesn't it? And I'm so glad none of you got the dreaded H1N1. Your breastmilk saved Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for boobies! what a great post. I think breastfeeding your child is the best gift you can give them. Keep up the good work!...and oh yes that stuff is so magical.:) I know of people who have put a little in their eye when they had an eye infection, or on their skin to help clear it up. pretty crazy.

    ReplyDelete