Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mmm..bread


Recently, we ran out of sliced bread at the Parks household. A tragedy I know. Since it is so nasty outside and I am terrified of driving in winter weather conditions, I thought it would be fun to make my own bread instead of making a trip to the store when it's the only thing we need. It's preservative free, tastes good, and it's not that hard to make, so why not? I personally don't eat that much bread unless I'm really craving a piece of toast or something but, I do make lunches for the husband and he gets a sandwich everyday. I thought I would share with you the recipe for this Honey Wheat Bread...no bread machine required! I consider it a fun activity for myself and it keeps me occupied during the day when we don't want to go anywhere. Yes, I do realize that is sad and lame but I know some of you must understand! I also recently joined Weight Watcher's so I am becoming obsessed with finding recipes that are WW friendly. Expect to see a lot more of those! I don't know how many points per serving this bread is but I'm really not to worried about it right now. I have lost 4.2 lbs so far though! More on that later


HONEY WHEAT BREAD

1. In large bowl, dissolve 1 T. yeast in 2 c. warm water

2. Add 1/3 c. honey and stir

3. Stir in 2 c. wheat flour, 1 teaspoon sal, and 1/3 c. vegetable oil

4. Work in 4-5 c. all purpose flour gradually

5. Knead 10-15 min

6. Place in oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let proof (rise) in warm area for 45 min.

7. Punch down dough and separate in half. Place in 2 greased 9x5 inch loaf pans and allow to rise again

8. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes


This bread is so soft and good. Mine turned out a little too soft for sandwiches the first time I made it but I will try again and maybe add more flour this time to toughen it up. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Hey that's supposed to be 1 teaspoon of SALT not Sal..what the

    ReplyDelete