Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I love activities!











As my little stinker is growing, her curiousity is blossoming as well. I am trying to find ways to encourage her creativity (and keep her busy) while having fun. Today I decided to make some finger paint and let her have at it! This did not last long as it was SO MESSY! ugh! And by the way, food coloring is hard to get out of clothing, upholstery, carpet, etc. She did have a lot of fun though. The recipe is just equal parts flour and cold water with a little bit of food coloring added. I only had green so Leah painted a tree/grass/leprechaun/lettuce? I am struggling to find activities suitable for an 18 month old, so if you have any ideas, please do let me know! She likes to color with crayons, have tea parties, read books, cook fake food, play hide and seek, play with her baby, climb things (and fall off things), recite the letters of the alphabet, and eat...just to name a few. I am running out of things to keep this child entertained during these winter months. She did get to go sledding a few weeks ago in our back yard and LOVED it! I'm not such a big fan though so she has to wait for her dad to take her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment