Friday, February 4, 2011

Oven baked corn tortilla chips


Last night was Mexican food night! I made chicken fajitas with peppers, onions and tomatoes. The chicken was marinated in some hotsauce, soy sauce, cumin, garlic, and chili powder. Probably not authentic Mexican cuisine but I used what I had. I also made these great tortilla chips! I used to make these all the time in college. They don't last very long because they are soooo good, and SO easy! I totally would have made fried tortilla chips but we are watching our figures. Here's the recipe!


Corn tortillas

Olive oil or veg oil

salt


Stack desired number of tortillas and cut into triangles (I use a pizza cutter)

Lay on greased cookie sheet. Do not overlap, make sure the pieces are spaced

Spray with oil. I use my Olive Oil mister thing

Sprinkle with salt. You can also do fun spices like chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, cumin etc.

Bake at 400 degrees 8-12 minutes. Check often after 8 minutes as they can turn from golden to burnt really fast!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment