Friday, December 19, 2008

Our story..and finding out

Ryan and I got married on October 11th, 2008 in a beautiful ceremony at St. Ambrose Church in Des Moines, followed by an even better reception at the Hy-Vee Conference center. Everything was beautiful and we really couldn't have asked for more! A day after the wedding celebration, Ryan and I boarded a plane to CanCun, Mexico and spent a week there. It was absolutely wonderful. I still can't help but think it was some sort of dream to be on a honeymoon with this amazing man. We still get a kick out of calling each other "Husband" and "Wife", dorky I know but you know what I'm talking about! Well I won't go into all the detail of the honeymoon, it's like bringing out your vacation photos at a party, no one wants to see them or hear about it so I will just get on to the part you want to hear about.
We returned home on October 21, 2008 and reluctanty went back to work as usual. On that Friday night I was working until 8. Ryan was waiting for me at home so that we could go to the bar for our friend Merle's birthday. I stopped by the store to pick up a pregnancy test before going home. Now I will tell you this is true honesty, I had absolutely no reason to think i was pregnant at all! I had absolutely no symptoms, I was feeling fine but something just compelled me to get a test. Weird. Anyways, so i take the test before we go out with Ryan waiting for me in the driveway. I was pretty sure it was going to be negative so no big deal right? uuuhh well I was wrong needless to say. "um Ryan?" as I'm shaking, "Is this a positive sign or am I reading it wrong?" (duh you can't really read that wrong). And then we were in shock!! We were not expecting that! So being the paranoid person that I am, I took another one the next morning, then went to the family practitioner for a blood test which also came back positive. PARANOIA CHA CHA CHA. I guess I was just in shock and awe because I took about 5 more tests in the next few weeks, my friends told me I was crazy! At that time I was probably only around 4-5 weeks pregnant. For those of you who don't know, they count your pregnancy in weeks beginning from your last menstrual period, not the actual conception date, so you are actually already in week 2 or so when you conceive. Anyways....
After that I felt pretty good but started to feel some of the classic pregnancy symptoms like dizziness, and fatigue. And by fatigue, I mean the most tired I have ever been in my entire life. I did not expect that. I seriously could have slept 20 hours a day and still be dragging. It is crazy! So that lasted about 5 or 6 weeks which really sucked because on top of that I pretty much gave up on caffeine as well. Good decision in the long run, but bad for my productivity at work. Ha! oh well I am a little better now. Luckily for me, I didn't experience the horrible morning sickness that you hear so much about. I only felt nauseated probably one time at work, that was only because I was hungry and probably listening to someone boring talk to me. So I have been lucky in that aspect.
Bored yet? Didn't think so. Ryan went with me to my first OB appointment on November 26th, 2 days after my 25th birthday. We didn't think we were going to get an ultrasound because they usually don't do that so early but luck was on our side again! We got to see the little one! I was so amazed, I just could not even believe that little tadpole looking thing with a big head squirming around was our little baby! It was swimming like crazy I am not kidding! Ryan was so excited to see it moving and kicking up a storm. Of course I can't feel any of this but it was absolutely amazing. I will post pictures up here once I figure out how. They put me right at 9 weeks on that day, the little one was about an inch long and had a heartrate of 174 beats per minute. That is so fast!
So today I am a little over 12 weeks along. Just one more week until I am out of the first trimester, I hope the next two go as fast as this one did! I heard the second trimester will come with a lot more energy so I am looking forward to that! More to come

No comments:

Post a Comment