Thursday, January 15, 2009

Week 16 - Baby furniture and accessories!


Hey I'm back! Sorry, I didn't realize that so many people were waiting for an update! I will start adding more I promise! So yesterday I hit week 16, not a whole lot of changes in the baby except that he/she is probably about 4.5 inches long now from head to bottom. That seems so big considering only a few short weeks ago, he/she was the size of a blueberry! (there's that fruit comparison again). He/she's still the size of an avacado apparently, just a bigger one! When will we move on to things like canteloupe or watermelon? haha, I can wait for that. We did take a big step this weekend and purchased all of the baby furniutre for the nursery. We found it on craigslist. A couple in West Des Moines was selling their crib (with mattress), changing table, dresser, rocker and ottoman for a great deal. The couple was really nice and even gave me some extras like some newborn diapers and teething rails for the crib. Wow we are lucky! I couldn't find a good picture of the furniture, but it is maple (really light colored wood) with chrome hardware. It's really cute and will go with anything of course.


So I've got a question for you ladies that have been preggo before...when is this alleged energy burst supposed to arrive? When I was in my first trimester, everyone told me "oh don't worry, you will get an energy burst in your second trimester and you will feel great!" HA WHAT?! I am still SO exhausted all of the time! Well I am exaggerating a little bit, it's not as bad as it was before but I definitely don't feel this "burst". I know what a burst of energy feels like and it is NOT this. haha oh well, I guess I can wait for that too. I have been feeling the baby move also! This time I know it's not gas! It is unlike anything I've felt before. It's like little tiny bubbles popping. I'll be honest, it is a little weird but very amazing. Like I mentioned before, many women don't feel anything at all until they are like 22 weeks or so, especially if it is their first. I don't know if I am just in tune with my body (or this baby is huge) or what, but it's great.

I did get one request for a belly pic so I will try and get that on here when I get home tonight. I know you are dying of suspense. I basically look the same, just fatter....nothing too exciting.


1 comment:

  1. So I didn't start feeling less tired until I was about 19 or 20 wks... and I don't think it is a burst of energy until you start nesting & maybe you won't do the whole nesting thing but I did it with both babies!! I got a "burst" of energy at the end of both of my pregnancies too because of the nesting... I started to freak out & clean the hosue like a mad woman! But everyone is different- you might be tired your whole pregnancy- who knows? I am so excited! I can't wait for you to find out the sex!! :)

    ReplyDelete