Thursday, May 21, 2009

Week 34-Busy busy busy!

Didn't I say that this spring was going to be so freakin busy?! I feel like I am constantly on the move getting ready for the next thing! With extra practices for recital (which is on the 5th and 6th of June), getting ready to write my FINAL paper (due the 1st of June), my future sister-in-law's wedding shower (one this weekend and one in a few weeks), getting the nursery ready, trying to wrap up my month at work, and other various showers and parties (so much fun!), well I have just been so busy!

We got the bedding this week finally!! It took forever for it to be in the Babie's R Us warehouse. I'll get a picture of the nursery as soon as it's all done so you can see how cute it is! As far as the baby goes, nothing too crazy going on. I think she doesn't have as much room in there as she used to. All I feel now all day is pushy and rolly movements instead of the hard kicks I was feeling before. It's pretty funny to watch my belly change shapes, it's always lopsided one way or another! Oh yeah, this week we found out that our good friend Morgan is pregnant too! Congrats Morgan, I'm SOOO excited for you and I know you read this blog to see what you're in for so I will try to be as detailed as possible for you. Um, here's a detail for you...I feel like I am about to pee my pants all freakin day and night! If that's not enough to keep you alert and on your toes at all times, well then I don't know what is. HAHA! So just as I was typing this, the baby decided to kick me SO hard in my side, I just jumped! I guess I take back that no kicking thing I said before. Thanks for letting me know you're in there baby!

Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

3 comments:

  1. What Morgan is prego! You are talking about Morgan Wheeler, right? That is so great! :) Hope you are feeling good other than peeing your pants! Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how busy you are! Just wait once things settle down you'll be sitting around waiting for baby to come and wish you were busy again. I do hope you can get some downtime in before she gets here. I'm getting so excited!!! Congrats to Morgan and Mike!! Melissa you started something. Is Jenny next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are getting so close! yes, I think the fact that we have to pee so mcuh in the middle of the night is preparing us for waking up with a newborn. :) cant wait to see nursery pics! :)

    ReplyDelete