Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Baby shower!

Last weekend was my first baby shower, hosted by Molly and Tessa. It was so much fun! I was honestly surprised by how many people showed up and I am so grateful for all of the wonderful gifts! I have mostly everything put away (which if you know me, that is astonishing). It is so exciting to see the room come together, everything is just awaiting this baby girl! I had a doc's appointment last week, baby's heart beat is 144 which it has stayed at for several weeks now. Everything is measuring right on track and I passed the glucose tolerance test so no diabetes! yay! Another exciting thing in my life occured today, I started my last class ever! So only 6 more weeks until I am done with my degree! woo hoo finally! Here are a couple of pics from the shower

And here is your WEEK 30 update! Can you believe it? Only 10 weeks left ah!!



Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

1 comment:

  1. I feel like by reading your blog with all the week to week baby size and development updates that I am going to be more prepared when I get pregnant! Hope everything is going well, sounds like it! I am so happy for you!!!! You're going to be a great mommy!!

    ReplyDelete