Thursday, April 9, 2009

If men had babies...

So I started thinking...what if men had the babies? Funny thought right? Well I found this article that has a bunch of thoughts from women on what they think would happen if men were the ones to get pregnant and give birth to the babies. So funny and so true!

"The morning after pill would have been invented by the Ancient Greeks..."

"I think our species would become extinct! I don't think men, in their current state, could handle all that comes with being pregnant!"

"Morning sickness would become a disability!"

"We'd have government paid maternity leave (more like Europe), breast feeding would not be a taboo thing since men like to brag about size. I bet men would be showing their goods to the world all the time."

"There would be tons of research to find ways to make pregnancy painless, shorter, responsive to the needs of men. I think there would be a lot of surrogate fatherhood (paying someone else to do it), as men generally have more money than women."

"There would be no pain. Poor babies would have to go to bed for nine months. I think the father should be hooked up to a machine and every time the mother had a labor pain, he would have one also. Or fill them full of laxatives and let them have cramps."

"I think they would have designed an incubator to do things more efficiently. Which would be too bad, because pregnancy may not be entirely efficient, but it is powerful, beautiful and transforming."

There are a bunch of other things I thought about like for example, things such as breast pumps would be like power tools sold at home depot and would be much more fast and efficient don't you think? Morning sickness would be cured, leg cramps and feet swelling would be covered by worker's comp, and stretch marks would be compared at parties like scars. haha!
I asked Ryan what he would do if he were the one to be pregnant and to give birth, he said, "I would be like, this is nothing bring it on!" hehe
What do you think your husband/fiance/boyfriend would do if he had to be pregnant and give birth?

4 comments:

  1. i think Matt wouldn't make it. he acts tough, but men can't handle it. Period! i've had discussions about this with Matt and his friends and they all think that women are being wusses... that it's really not as bad as we make it out to be and that they would have a race... wouldn't take 9 WHOLE months for their babies... NO- 3 months tops. and then they'd celebrate and drink beer. oh yeah, and women would still have to take care of the kids too!

    men..... *shakes head*

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah oh my gosh!! yeah good luck with that 3 month thing guys, haha! oh yeah and heaven forbid that they would have to give up beer for that long anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! Well Ryan George is such a big baby when he is sick, I know he couldn't handle it! And after he saw me give birth without an epidural, he was like oh my, I could never do that! After Ryan Max watches you give birth he will rethink his answer! He would be a big baby too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thad would never make it...haha this is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete