Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Week 28 - Baby feet everywhere!



Tomorrow I will be at 28 weeks, only about 12 weeks to go! Everything has been so busy and hectic with school and other new stuff coming up for the spring. I'm getting excited for the baby shower coming up at Molly's and a bunch of other stuff. This kid is going to have so many clothes, she already has more than I do, her closet is stocked thanks to her Aunts Molly and Stefanie, cousin Maddy, and her grandmas! Well, and thanks to some garage sales and consignment shops also. Good deals! I am just so excited to get everything in order before she comes. This week I get to start counting kicks and movements to make sure the baby is doing well in there. They say there should be about 10 movements in 2 hours. I started counting today and there were some points during the day where I could feel like 20 within 2 hours so I think she is doing just fine! I call this post baby feet because that's all I could feel in my ribs and side today! This is another thing that I had heard about prior to becoming pregnant but just couldn't imagine until it actually happened to me! It's still hard to believe that the baby is big enough now to where I can actually feel her feet (or elbows or knees) from the outside of my belly. Crazy! Here is your week 28 pic and info. This picture however is not complete because it doesn't show the ribs being kicked and spread out, ouch!
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.Here's a Chinese cabbage (next to a quarter)

No comments:

Post a Comment