Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My husband...

...is pretty cute. This weekend Ryan got to try on the the empathy belly in our childbirth class! So cute but unfortunately he couldn't keep it on very long since some other guys wanted to try it on. He turned out to be lucky because I didn't know that he was supposed to strap on a chest constrictor and something that pushes on your bladder! funny! Well he got to feel what it's like to be a pregnant lady (for 5 freakin minutes) and I'm sure it was an enlightening experience. In that same class, we also had the pleasure of watching a vaginal birth. I know that you all read this blog because you appreciate my blunt honesty so I am going to say it...I..am...terrified... I don't know why honestly! I'm not afraid of the pain or contractions or anything like that. Maybe I just can't handle the blood and fluids. Whatever it is, of course I burst into tears in the middle of the childbirth class. Fabulous Melissa, you are supposed to be pushin this thing out in 9 weeks what the heck! The last time I saw that video was in 9th grade health class with the same result. Oh well, I know I will live through it, I am just pumping myself up for it every day. If you have any tips you would like to share with me...go for it!! Here are some fun pics and your WEEK 31 update! Have a great week!

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn his head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

4 comments:

  1. haha, he has no idea what its like! :)luv it!...In our birth class we watched a brazilian give birth squating on the ground and the baby just plopped out (they don't catch it, it just falls into a towel)..hehe, interesting huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I have been hearing a lot about the squatting position and it seems to just make the most sense but I wonder why hospitals don't make it standard? oh yeah probably because we love epidurals and your legs go numb! oh well, it may take longer but I'm ok with having less pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i'm sad Matt didn't get a chance to try on "the belly"!
    epiduarals are the BEST! i was terrified too for the whole birthing episode-had nightmares for about a week beforehand. but after it was all over i would have done it a million times over just to see Ethan for the first time again and again!!
    you'll be fabulous! i have no doubts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. I love it that the guys get a little taste of what we go through for 9 months! I think it'd be even better if they wore it for a week!

    ReplyDelete