Thursday, June 25, 2009

Week 39 - You're still here?!


Yes my beloved co-workers, I am STILL HERE!! Here is one beautiful shot of me at work the other day at 39 weeks! I did not realize I was that huge until I saw this picture....I mean wow. No wonder everyone is telling me I look exhausted when I'm not. Because my face is swollen up like a balloon and you can barely see my eyes! ugh! Well hopefully that goes away after the baby comes, please say yes.

Anyways, so since we are sooo excited to meet this little one, I have been doing everything I can to help Leah along the journey. Safe things of course. Like speed walking (waddling) at the mall with my sister, taking a break to walk around the building at work at least three times a day, eating spicy food, eating pineapple, acupressure etc. There are more natural labor induction techniques that I could try like evening primrose oil, castor oil, raspberry leaf tea and the like but I just can't bring myself to do that just yet. Sounds like all that oil and tea could make me a permanent resident of the bathroom which I definitely don't want!

I wonder if my child will ever read this blog when she gets older, do you think it will still be around? The reason why I am wondering is because I just thought of something. In the baby book that my mom made for me, she wrote down all of the important pop culture events in music, entertainment etc. In my baby book it said the most popular song when I was born was some song by Michael Jackson and his moonwalk dance was all the rage. Well today, of course we found out that Michael Jackson died. Less than a week before I give birth to my own daughter. Maybe it's just a weird preggo brain thought about the cycle of life. Not that Michael Jackson had anything to do with my life? oh hell I don't know. Gimme a break my brain's not working right.

5 comments:

  1. yay! You are looking great Shortie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, you look great. Soon, Soon, Soon... the picture on this blog will be of you, Ryan and Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once Leah gets here it will go SOOO QUICKLY!!! I can't believe how big Richie & Maddy are so don't worry being prego it will soon pass & you will have your little bumpkin & we are so excited! :) You look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlie and I think that you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, who took that amazing picture of you! What a professional. You look great and you are not at work today so maybe I guessed the right day in the 'guess the date pool'! We should also mention to Leah in this blog that her mommy graduated with her Masters degree this weekend! Congratulations momma! Hope to meet little Leah soon! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete